Real Estate Agent Sewer FAQs

When should I call Sewer Master?
Call Sewer Master when you have a client that is thinking about selling their house and when you enter into contract to sell a house.
What do you need to get started?

Sewer Master needs the following information:
1. Address of the property.
2. Property vacant or are home owners present?
3. Contact name and phone number of current resident.
4. Lock Box combination.
5. Your contact information, including email address.

Do I need to be present during the site assessment and video inspection?
Sewer Master does not require a real estate agent to be present.
Real estate agents, potential property seller/owners are welcome to be present during the site assessment and video inspection process.

When will you have an estimate available?
Sewer Master will have the estimate emailed to you within 24 hours.

What does Sewer Master need to begin work?
Sewer Master needs the estimate signed and the deposit that in stated on the estimate.

How long will it take to obtain the EBMUD PSL Certificate?

It will take up to (3) three working days for repair and new trenchless installation sewers, depending on the depth of the private sewer lateral. Once the City and EBMUD inspections are signed an email will be sent to you with your EBMUD PSL certificate attached.

How does Sewer Master receive final payment?
Depending on the type of real estate id being sold (i.e. foreclosure, cash sale) payment is issued when the work is complete and the EBMUD PSL certificate is issue for cash sales. For foreclosed, bank-owned and standard property sales payment is issued at the close of escrow as part of the closing documents and the check is issued by the title company.

For more FAQs for Real Estate Agents, please visit the Oakland Association of Realtors website at